Skeye has added a LiDAR sensor for geo data collection to is present array of photogrammetric, near infrared and infrared cameras. The LiDAR scanner is the YellowScan Surveyor which can produce high accuracy and dense geo-referenced point cloud data.
These point clouds form the basis to produce:
• 3D Digital Elevation Models of terrains;
• 3D Digital Surface Models (cleaned for non-ground features such as trees etc.);
• Volume calculations of stock piles;
• 3D Models of buildings or industrial objects;
• Mapping of small features such as high voltage power lines;
LiDAR is a surveying method that measures distance to a target by illuminating that target with a laser light and measuring the return signal. The difference between the time the pulse was sent and when the pulse was received is an indication of the distance of the target, by measuring the returned wavelength the direction can be calculated.
A LiDAR sensor will have advantages over using a photogrammetric solution to produce geo data in vegetated areas where the ground level is important or mapping of power lines or other small details that will otherwise not be picked up.
The YellowScan LiDAR system has the following characteristics:
• Equipped with a Dual-frequency GNSS receiver, capable of operating in RTK or PPK positioning mode;
• Multi-return laser scanner increasing the hit rate on ground through vegetation
• High-end orientation and heading measurement (IMU) allowing precision measurement up to an accuracy of 5 cm.
The system will be flown on either the Altura Zenith ATX8 drone or another heavy lift UAV in use by Skeye. The typical flight altitude will be 55 meters whereby the corridor covered will equally be 55 meters.
Some of our services
New geo-data collection method using Laser under a drone
Aerial Survey and Mapping
Skeye uses small drones for aerial surveys and mapping of terrains and objects.
Skeye is specialized in carrying out inspections at great height.
Skeye is specialized in creating aerial images at low altitude using unmanned aerial aircraft.